The Public Record Retriever Network
The Public Record Retrieval Network (PRRN) is the largest trade organization representing professionals in the public record industry. With nearly 300 members in 48 states, PRRN Members are recognized as the nation's leaders in local public record searching and document retrieval.
What is PRRN’s Mission?Our mission is to promote development within the public document retrieval industry for -
- Standards of professional conduct in local searching and document retrieval procedures
- Improved marketing and sales practices
Who Is Eligible For Membership?There are two levels of membership - Regular and Associate.
- Regular Membership is for onsite researchers. Eligibility is open only to firms or individuals that physically visit local county courts, municiple courts, or other government agencies to search public records or retrieve documents. Dues are based on the number of counties serviced with true employees. Counties covered with other researchers and 1099 people are indicated in a separate data field display.
- Associate Membership is open to other firms such as public record database or gateway providers, public record distributors, CRAs, and firms providing or receiving services from other researchers. This includes public record search firms using a correspondent network to obtain records.
Continued membership is contingent upon maintaining standards outlined in the Code of Professional Conduct and the Terms of Membership
What are The Benefits of Membership?Only PRRN Members:
Public Record Retrieval Industry Standards Manual (PRRISM)
- are profiled at www.PRRN.us (Type of profile and placement depends on level of membership)
- are singled out and highlighted in the Local Court & County Record Retrievers Web Product.
- are viewable to subscribers in the online Public Record Research System (PRRS) Web product.
- are highlighted in the PRRN Membership Directory which is distributed as an Ebook annually.
- can download suggested client forms and the Researcher/CRA Model Agreement.
- can use the PRRN member logo in their advertising and promotional materials.
How Does My Firm Join PRRN?
Fill out the form here
What are the Terms of Membership in PRRN?
PRRN is a service provided to the retrieval industry by BRB Publications, LLC for the purpose of promoting standards in the industry.
PRRN Members agree to follow the highest standards of ethics and conduct in all their dealings with other members and with clients. These standards not only include those explicitly listed in the Code of Professional Conduct, but also include such matters as paying Invoices in a timely fashion and not accepting projects which members are not competent to complete correctly or in a timely manner.
Once you are a PRRN Member, your continued membership depends on your maintaining the standards expressed in the Code of Professional Conduct and the Terms of Membership. The Director of PRRN may, at their sole discretion and without notice, cancel the membership of any member that, in their opinion, has not met the spirit of these terms. Fees will not be returned upon cancellation of membership.
Members agree explicitly not to hold the Director or any other members liable in any way for reporting or taking action on problems or disputes communicated to them in good faith.
What is the PRRN Code of Professional Conduct?
The Public Record Retriever Network (PRRN) Code consists of ten guidelines to which Members promise to adhere when conducting business. View Code Details
- We know where each type of local public record is maintained.
- We access these agencies regularly.
- We understand the contents of the documents we retrieve.
- We search records ourselves in those agencies that do not conduct searches for the public.
- We maintain good relationships with agency personnel.
Client Service Guidelines
- We return calls promptly.
- We complete projects as promised.
- We explain our charges in advance.
- We will expedite results, on request.
- We will explain how agencies maintain their records, on request.